This eBook, “Microlearning In Action – Tips, Techniques, And Examples On How To Use It To Drive Employee Performance,” provides insights on how you can leverage microlearning to enhance the impact of your corporate training.
Microlearning based training has become an important strategy for L&D teams. However, there is more to it than its ability to address the challenge of dwindling attention spans.
My free eBook, Microlearning in Action – Tips, Techniques, and Examples on How to Use It to Drive Employee Performance, is designed to help you understand its strengths and how you can use it to offset several challenges that L&D teams face today. I provide pointers on how you can use it (for both formal and informal learning) to drive employee performance.
How Will the eBook Help You?
There are three crucial elements that trainings must have so that you can achieve employee engagement and performance gain. These are:
- Training must be sharp, focused, and aligned to a specific need.
- It must be easy to understand and internalize.
- It must be packaged in a way that it can be easily applied on the job.
Microlearning based trainings provide a highly effective approach to help you meet all these three goals. These trainings will clearly demonstrate better learner engagement and will drive higher performance.
While the primary trigger for the adoption of Microlearning was the need to meet the challenge of diminishing attention spans, this is not the only factor in its favor. Microlearning provides value to both learners and businesses.
- Learners love it, as they want training that is short and focused; it helps them achieve a specific gain, and it can be consumed “on the go.” It also enables them to block short periods of time every day and achieve a specific learning outcome. They can use Microlearning based nuggets to learn, practice, and acquire new skills without having to block large chunks of time.
- L&D teams find value in Microlearning to enhance employee performance because it resonates better with their learners, leading to better completion rates and each learning byte can help them achieve a specific outcome.
Table of contents of the eBook, Microlearning in Action – Tips, Techniques, and Examples on How to Use It to Drive Employee Performance
The eBook is divided into 3 sections, and I use a Q&A based approach to walk you through the basics of the potential and application of Microlearning.
The key questions that I address are:
- What is Microlearning?
- What is not Microlearning?
- What are the benefits of Microlearning?
- Does the wider adoption of Microlearning mean the demise of Macrolearning or traditional eLearning?
- How can Microlearning offset modern L&D challenges?
- How can you put Microlearning into action and drive performance?
- How can you determine if Microlearning will work?
- What are the Microlearning trends you should watch out for and adopt?
Section 1 – Microlearning Fundamentals
This section provides the Microlearning basics—from its definition and benefits to the crucial ones like Macrolearning vs Microlearning and where exactly does the future lie.
Section 2 – Using Microlearning to Drive Employee Performance
This section outlines how you can use Microlearning to address 3 key challenges that L&D teams face today. However, not all trainings are amenable to Microlearning, so how do you determine if Microlearning is right for you? This section provides a checklist you can use to determine this. It also provides pointers on what kinds of corporate trainings can be addressed through Microlearning.
More specifically, it also outlines when Microlearning does not work.
Section 3 – Microlearning in Action
This is my favorite section where I first outline the Top 10 Microlearning trends. Then, I share 10 examples that illustrate how you can leverage each of the Microlearning trends to step up the impact the of your current trainings and drive employee performance. The featured tips and techniques provide practical insights that you can use.
Do download my eBook, Microlearning in Action – Tips, Techniques, and Examples on How to Use It to Drive Employee Performance.
You can use the eBook as a guide to integrate Microlearning based trainings across your varied corporate training needs.
If you have any specific queries or would like to see how we can help you achieve your mandate, do contact me.
- How to Drive Employee Performance with Microlearning
- How To Use Gamified Microlearning Activities To Boost The Impact Of Your Corporate Training
- Virtual Reality In eLearning – Using VR As A Microlearning Nugget For Induction And Onboarding
- 4 Amazing Ways to Uplift Boring Compliance Training with Microlearning
- Free eBook: 18 Amazing Microlearning Formats For Employee Training That Will Help You Enhance Your Training Strategy
Power Triad - Using mLearning, Microlearning, and Gamification to Create Immersi...
One learning strategy may not be able to address all your training goals and engage the learners. In this article,…
> Read Insight
How to Drive Employee Motivation and Performance with Training
Motivated employees find greater meaning in their work, excel at their jobs, and are therefore more likely to remain with…
> Read Insight
Hoping to Use Gamification? Make Sure Goals Are Clearly Defined
Despite the success of gamification, some companies are still unwilling to tap into its benefits. From increasing productivity to motivating…
> Read Insight