6 Examples On How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace
Informal learning is impromptu, spontaneous, or learning “on the fly”.
When we are young, this is the first way we learn; and we continue to use informal learning fairly regularly in the workplace too. It can happen every time we see something of value that can help us perform better. However, we often hear about the impact of informal learning and if it indeed delivers any demonstrable results.
As I see it, organizations should encourage informal learning much the same way they focus on formal learning. A blend of formal training and options for informal learning will go a long way in creating a rich learning environment and fostering the spirit of “learning as a continuum”.
It is also worthwhile to note that the success of informal learning rests with the learners to a large degree. Informal learning cannot work unless you have learners who are motivated and are keen to learn what will help them perform better. Having said that, organizations can certainly do a lot to encourage informal learning in the workplace, and this eBook shows you how you can achieve this.
How Will This eBook – “6 Examples On How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace” Help You?
In this eBook,
- I begin with the basics of how informal learning differs from formal learning, and the benefits it offers to both the learners and the organizations.
- Then, I outline how informal learning happens in the workplace, and how this can be leveraged.
- I wrap up with 6 formats (with examples) of microlearning that you can use to promote informal learning in the workplace.
The eBook addresses questions like:
- What is informal learning?
- What are the key differences between formal and informal learning?
- Where does informal learning fit in the 70-20-10 model for Learning and Development?
- Does informal learning truly help learners or business?
- What benefits does informal learning offer to learners?
- Can organizations benefit from informal learning or is it too amorphous to create an impact?
- How does informal learning happen in a workplace?
- How can you leverage on informal learning in your eLearning programs?
- How can you use microlearning to promote informal learning in the workplace?
Do download this free eBook – 6 Examples Of How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace – and use it to successfully nurture and implement informal learning in your workplace.
About The eBook – 6 Examples On How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace
The eBook is structured into 4 sections:
This section provides basic information on what is informal learning, and how it differs from formal learning. It also outlines why it is important to evaluate informal learning in the workplace by looking at the various ways we learn (specifically, through the 70-20-10 model for Learning and Development).
This section looks at certain myths associated with informal learning and if it truly works. It, then, moves on to outline the benefits informal learning offers to the learners and the organizations.
This section showcases the ways in which informal learning can happen in a workplace. More specifically, it outlines how you can leverage on informal learning in your eLearning programs.
This section provides practical cues on how exactly you can use microlearning to promote informal learning in the workplace. It includes a definition of 6 microlearning formats, and how they can be used. It also includes supporting examples of each format.
Do download this free eBook – 6 Examples On How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace– and use it to successfully nurture and implement informal learning in your workplace.
This eBook – 6 Examples On How You Can Promote Informal Learning In The Workplace – is designed to provide answers to queries if informal learning indeed works in the workplace, and how you can use it to see a demonstrable gain.
If you have any specific queries or would like to see how we can help you achieve your mandate, do contact me at email@example.com.
Do download my other eBooks:
Upgrade Your Training With 5 Interactive Video Strategies
The usage of videos for learning is well established, but the trend you should watch out for and adopt is…
> Read Insight
How to Avoid Learner Fatigue by Creating Positive Learner Experiences and Learni...
One of the biggest reasons in-person learning events have long been the leading modality for L&D teams is the built-in…
> Read Insight
What It Takes To Become A Top eLearning Content Development Company
Significant achievements always trigger introspection for me. In this article, I outline 7 aspects that helped us get nominated for…
> Read Insight