My latest eBook, Updated eLearning Trends 2020 – 18 Key Trends to Realign Remote Workforce Training Strategy in the Post Pandemic World, is designed to help you pick the right trends as you realign to a remote workforce training strategy.
Every July, I relook at the eLearning trends and predictions I released in January to ascertain how my analysis and recommendations panned out.
This year, the COVID-19 crisis has reset the trends leaving the HR leaders and L&D teams to rethink the way they will manage and train the workforce.
Training remote learners and driving performance gain over distance is the new reality. So, I re-examined my original list against these pressing needs of today.
- Even though the overall impact of the crisis is still unfolding, it has clearly redefined the workplace in the future. With an increase in work from home, it has led to a need to have an agile and flexible digital workplace. Organizations need to create a digital workplace that can easily move from 100% in office to 100% working remotely.
- As a result, rapid virtual training transformation needs to be undertaken to provide online training for remote learners. Face-to-face trainings must move to a predominantly online/self-paced/virtual instructor-led training (VILT)/blended mode that can be consumed remotely.
- Also, a long-term plan to engage remote learners – with multi-pronged approaches to connect, reinforce, challenge, and nudge toward continuous learning must be drawn up.
My eBook lists 18 eLearning trends highlighting their relevance in the changed workplace dynamics. I have grouped them as:
- Trends that are in the spotlight (“must have”) trends to offer remote learning
- Trends that equip remote users to learn quickly, apply the learning effectively, and get access to relevant content and just-in-time learning aids
- Trends that foster continuous learning
- Trends that help you deliver engaging, high-impact, and immersive Virtual Learning experiences for remote learners
- Trends that help you assess the impact of remote training and aid you in maximizing the ROI
Here’s what Christopher Pappas, founder of eLearning Industry’s Network, has to say about my eBook:
“If being the founder of eLearning Industry has taught me one thing, it’s that the professionals in our field must always be prepared for the unexpected. This is not always possible of course, but with this eBook it definitely becomes a little more probable.
The eBook you are now reading really took me by surprise. The meticulous work, unique intuition, and sheer love for the industry that went into it make it easily one of the most important works in the niche of eLearning for 2020”.
More About The eBook
I have designed the eBook, Updated eLearning Trends 2020 – 18 Key Trends to Realign Remote Workforce Training Strategy in the Post Pandemic World, into 5 sections as shown here.
Given the changed workplace dynamics and focus on remote learning, I review each trend and highlight its relevance and value today as well as in the post pandemic workplace.
Section 1: In the spotlight – “must have” trends to offer remote learning
- Mobile learning
- Mobile apps for learning
- Virtual training – Conversion of ILT to blended or fully online learning
Section 2: Trends that equip remote users to learn quickly, apply the learning effectively, and get access to relevant content and just-in-time learning aids
- Personalized learning
- Performance Support Tools (PSTs)
Section 3: Trends that foster continuous learning
- Informal learning
- Curation and user generated content
- Social learning
- Self-directed learning
Section 4: Trends that help you deliver engaging, high-impact, and immersive Virtual Learning experiences for remote learners
- Scenario based learning and interactive story based learning
- Video based learning (videos and interactive videos)
- AR/VR and MR or immersive learning
- Next gen learning strategies
Section 5: Trends that help you assess the impact of remote training and aid you in maximizing the ROI
- Learner analytics
- Learning experience platforms – LXPs
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in learning
Do download my eBook, Updated eLearning Trends 2020 – 18 Key Trends to Realign Remote Workforce Training Strategy in the Post Pandemic World, and enjoy reading!
If you have queries on how to respond to the changed workplace dynamics, remote learning, or rapid virtual training transformation for your organization, do contact me.
Case Study Featuring The Use Of YouTube Content In A Trackable Interactive Video...
Videos are a primary source of information and learning. In this article, I share a case study that outlines how…
> Read Insight
Compliance Simplified: Using Creative Instructional Design Approaches
I am a strong advocate of using Creative Instructional Design approaches, particularly for Compliance initiatives. As I see it, given…
> Read Insight
Why Adopt Mobile Learning For Online Training - 10 Questions Answered
If you are new to mLearning or are seeking ways to enhance its impact, e.g. by using mobile learning for…
> Read Insight