Today, mobile learning or mLearning is an important part of the learning strategy of most organizations. As Microlearning becomes the preferred choice for both formal and informal learning, mLearning adoption will see further acceleration. In this blog, I share the key benefits of mobile learning.
Over the last 8 years, mobile learning has come a long way.
- From its first avatar that was eLearning lite to the current highly learner-centric, self-paced learning on the go.
- Today, it is an integral part of training delivery and plays a significant role in meeting training needs for both formal and informal learning.
- This is not all, it is also facilitating social or collaborative learning.
- The technology support to create effective mobile learning has kept pace and the range of authoring tools offer several tracks of options. Looking at how the training will be consumed, you can choose between mobile friendly (Adaptive designs) or mobile first (Fully-responsive designs).
What Are The Factors Triggering Its Fast Adoption?
- Most of us use smartphones extensively during our day. Using this for learning is a logical extension.
- Increasingly, organizations are opting for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy giving learners the control to learn on the devices of their choice.
- Learners want the learning to be part of their work flow avoiding the need to log into the LMS all the time.
- Learners prefer formats that engage them better. These include formats like videos, animated videos, interactive videos or podcasts that were not part of traditional eLearning but are an integral part of mobile learning.
What Are The Key Benefits Of Mobile Learning Or mLearning?
Mobile learning offers better learner engagement and higher completion rates.
Key benefits of mobile learning are:
- Learning on the go: Today learners do not want to learn at their office desk. The biggest advantage of mobile learning is its innate capability to offer anytime-anywhere learning on the go.
- Multi–device support: By definition, mobile learning designs support all devices learners need and use. The same courses run seamlessly across laptops/desktops and tablets/smartphones.
- Flexibility to learners: Mobile learning offers tremendous flexibility to learners to choose the device they wish to learn on, when they want to learn and most significantly, at the pace they can consume and assimilate.
- Interesting design formats to learn from: Mobile learning features design formats that are popular with learners and also create a better retention and recall. These include formats we often use on our smartphones (videos, animated videos, interactive videos and so on).
- More options to create engaging learning: Microlearning has changed the format of training delivery. It is increasingly used to offer both formal training and as part of the ecosystem to promote informal learning. Microlearning nuggets can be optimally consumed on mobile devices. Similarly, you can integrate Mobile Apps for learning in your overall strategy.
I hope this blog provides a good insight on the benefits of mobile learning. Today, you can use it to meet most of your corporate training needs. More significantly, with its flexibility to be part of the learner’s work flow, you will see a gain in the application of learning. Furthermore, you can use it to promote social or collaborative learning. If you need any specific support or have any queries, do contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more insights on how you can use mobile learning to enhance the impact of your corporate training?
Schedule a call with our Solutions Architecting Team.
- 5 Questions Answered – Why you should opt for Mobile learning for corporate training
- 5 Examples of How To Use Mobile Learning In Retail To Maximize Your Training Impact
- What Are The Benefits Of mLearning? Featuring 5 Killer Examples
- How To Use Mobile Learning To Increase Employee Engagement And Boost Performance
Fulfil your learners’ “App”etite: Give them Learning Apps!
Apps have taken over our world, haven’t they? We’re “App-ing” our way to most things we do today – hiring…
> Read Insight
Free eBook: Updated eLearning Trends in 2019 - Packed with Ideas You Can Use to ...
This eBook, Updated eLearning Trends in 2019 - Packed with Ideas You Can Use to Enhance Your Learning Strategy, provides…
> Read Insight
eLearning Authoring Tools Expertise
Your challenge Your learner population is already exposed to a wide range of technological advancements and expects high-quality experiences in…
> Read Insight