Position: Senior Instructional Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Any PG/UG , Preferably Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following fields: English, Communication, Journalism or related discipline.
Experience: 5 to 8 years
Job Location: Work from Anywhere
About the role
- Create product definitions for eLearning courseware and map content by applying instructional design theories.
- Apply basic principles of usability, design and user experience.
- Indepth understanding of storyboarding techniques and content types.
- Basic understanding of visual design, and principles of usability and design.
- Knowledge of commonly used tools to develop eLearning and mLearning solutions.
- Only working knowledge of the tools is adequate – hand-on experience/knowledge not required.
Individual Contribution on Client Accounts:
In collaboration with the business development and project management teams, you will be expected to contribute to account management on an ongoing basis.
For contributing on established and new client accounts,, your key responsibilities will be::
- Align all project tasks with defined project scope.
- Provide estimates for own instructional design tasks.
- Understand and execute the tasks pertaining to ID approach, standards, and processes for new projects (known type for existing relationships).
- Ensure understanding of project scope, design strategies, timelines, and deliverables (for self).
- Review your output (and the output of other ID team members working on a given account) for quality, conformance to customer brief and fulfilment of customer requirement.
- Follow frameworks for the continuous analysis of the quality of output being generated in the account.
- Co-ordinate with the project manager to analyse and discuss other proactive account management practices/measures specific to accounts.
- Communicate with customers in a succinct and accurate manner on a timely basis.
Core Instructional Design Skills:
As a senior ID, you should possess the following core instructional design capabilities:
- Understanding of cognitive flow, chunking and sequencing of information in a manner best suited to meet the learning outcomes.
- Creation of storyboards: onscreen text, audio narration, prompt text and instructions for developers and review of storyboards (for cognitive flow, layout and visual representation, language and descriptions for developers).
- Ensure instructional integrity of delivered output (course).
Other Desired Skills
In addition to the above-mentioned knowledge and skills, the following skills would be preferable:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and interact in a professional, friendly and team-oriented manner with all company and customer personnel.
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain emotional composure under stress.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and events.
- Good writing skills, organisational and operational understanding.
- Ability to work in an organized and independent way, as well as with a team.
- A keen eye for detail and a knack for storytelling.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit resumes to email@example.com.