In this eBook, we show you how L&D teams can align their goals better to business needs to ensure training is focused on the right performance outcomes and positively impacts the identified business KPIs. Additionally, we share unique frameworks created and offered by EI Design to help L&D teams demonstrate the impact of training on the learners and the business.
Organizations put significant time, effort, and funds into creating and delivering training programs. However, they are highly challenged in their ability to demonstrate the impact of the training investments.
While tremendous effort goes in during the Training Needs Analysis phase, majority of the initiatives do not focus on identifying the approach (data, metrics, and frameworks) that would help the L&D teams ascertain the impact of training on learners and, more specifically, business.
As a result, they are not able to demonstrate the value, impact, or ROI on the training spend. This also means that there are no insights that can help organizations update, augment, or improve the initiative – till it meets the required mandate.
While there are several reasons why this measurement is so challenging, here are the top 2:
- The trainings are not designed with the right outcomes in mind. They tend to focus on the narrow perspective of learning acquisition outcomes and not on the application.
- Very often, there is a lack of alignment between the gains that the business would like to see vs how the L&D team envisions the same and designs the training programs.
In this eBook, we show you how L&D teams can align their goals better to business needs to ensure that the training is focused on the right performance outcomes and will be able to positively impact the identified business KPIs.
Additionally, we share unique frameworks created by EI Design that we offer to help L&D teams demonstrate the impact of training – on learners and the identified business KPIs.
- Why you must develop the ability to evaluate training effectiveness and its impact.
- What are the key challenges in evaluating training effectiveness and its impact.
- How to re-orient your approach to training impact measurement – leveraging a 4-step toolkit.
- Key models and EI Design’s methodology to ascertain training effectiveness and its impact.