Position: VP – Business Development
Experience: 10-12 years of core experience
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Work from Anywhere
EI an 18+ year old company based out of Bengaluru is a leading Learning and Performance Support solutions provider that thrives on transforming learning—keeping it relevant, impactful, and continuous. As a learning experience design company, EI partners with customers in their digital transformation journey and help futureproof their training. EI works towards delivering high-impact Learning and Performance Support solutions that offer a high engagement quotient, drive employee performance, and deliver high ROI for the Learner, Business, and Organization.
The role description and our expectations are as follows:
- Understand the customer’s requirements and then customize the products/services as per training needs.
- Deliver sales pitches and presentations to customers, highlighting our value proposition effectively to influence purchases.
- Contact customers via emails/phone calls/LinkedIn/face-to-face meetings to offer them our products (LMS/LXP) and services.
- Visit customers when needed or arrange meetings to discuss our products/services.
- Maintain relationships with all potential and existing customers – through a value-based approach.
- Create a strong pipeline to achieve assigned targets (individual and team-based).
- Create a pipeline in sync with organizational goals – 75% from existing key accounts and balance 25 % from all new acquisitions.
- Maintain a strong focus on customer connect, engagement, and mining to meet the desired targets – both as an individual contributor as well as assigned team’s targets.
- Supporting prospective businesses from the RFP to the RFQ stage, price negotiation, and closure.
- Developing sales implementation plans for the assigned customer base.
- Working closely with the solution architecting team, domain heads, and project managers to ensure all activities are well coordinated in key accounts.
- Invest on continuous learning to stay ahead.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Consultative selling in international markets.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and present solutions accordingly.
- Understanding of market needs, competition, and pitch our capabilities effectively.
- Team Management, CRM, and MIS.
- Responsible for self and team targets for services/products (LMS/LXP/Portals) based on business demands/needs from inbound, outbound, or assigned accounts.
- Study business dynamicity proactively and ensure the evaluation of new areas/technologies to deliver services catering to business needs.
Stakeholder & Relationship Management
- Build relationships necessary to inspire a shared vision and motivate change within EI.
- Develop and nurtures relationships with Customers and CxO level stakeholders as a trusted advisor.
- Set direction, lead, and mentor a team of Business Development Executives/Managers.
- Lead the team and practice from the front.
- Create a culture that is conducive for the team to take initiatives.
- Participate in campus/lateral recruitment drives.
- Work with the COO and CCO to drive the Customer Experience Mandate and its success factors.
- Ensure associate satisfaction measured through CSAT scores.
Quality & Process
- Align and implement the practice/organization defined delivery drivers in the domain.
- Adherence to process based on organization/client standards, frameworks and tools.
- Ensure timely forecasting is done to meet the requirements relevant to operations planning.