Position: Senior Business Development Executive
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree is a must and MBA would be an added advantage.
Experience: Any Service Industry
Job Location: Work from Anywhere
About the role
This is no job for shy, retiring types as you’ll need to be bursting with self-confidence, love selling, enjoy presenting and public speaking. It also helps if you:
- Carry a hunter’s mentality.
- Are disciplined, focused and persistent towards meeting the goals.
- Have good communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Possess strong negotiation skills.
- Plenty of initiative
The Business Development Executive is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with Learning and Development functions at large and other potential customers, working closely with the Senior VP and VP Sales and Marketing.
As the Business Development Executive, you will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that supports EI’s overall growth strategy. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success, who takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities.
In this key position, you will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established it sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the EI’s footprint and generate bottom line revenue for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
Develop new business opportunities with prospects, potential and existing customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
Work effectively with C-Level decision makers, i.e., CLO, Head of L&D, VPs and Directors, to develop long term strategic relationships.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of EI offerings.
- Develop and maintain a robust deal pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports Company revenue and profitability targets.
- Prepare MIS and give business reviews and presentations to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Mentor and manage the Business Development Executive and support staff within the Business Development function.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of sales experience in Service Industry domains, with at least
43 years of experience in owning individual and group revenue targets.
- Experience in International Sales & Working with global corporations.
- Proven ability to develop long term strategic relationships with C-Level decision makers and influencers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to define and operationalize sales.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines; detail oriented.
- Destination & Compass – Has written business goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why, has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has check points and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance in sales closures.
- Outlook – Believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Character – Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company.
- Sales Acumen – Doesn’t take things personally, knows what to say or do at the appropriate time; Is cool under pressure and is prepared for whatever the prospect or client does or says; Doesn’t strategize “on the fly”, doesn’t over analyze, and stays in the moment; Asks thoughtful questions, displays effective listening, demonstrates product value; Is tenacious, maintains continuous contact with prospects and clients to establish need(s); Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to prospect or client needs.
- Results Orientation – Makes fact-based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
- Collaboration – Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candour that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Administrative Management – Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyses report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintains accurate and complete prospect and client database.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.