Instructional Design Lead – 1 Position
We are seeking exceptional Instructional Design talent to be a part of our team. As a lead for the Instructional Design team, you would be working closely with the senior instructional designers, the business development team, Visual and Technology Architects and Project Managers. The position has a dual reporting to Head Operations and designated Project Manager(s). The key aspects of the role are as follows:
- Knowledge of learning theories and skills to apply the learning theories scientifically to create product definitions for eLearning courseware
- Knowledge of instructional design theories and skills to apply the theories for content mapping
- Basic understanding of visual design, commonly used tools to develop eLearning and mLearning solutions (you are not expected to use these tools and only a basic awareness of the capabilities of these tools will be adequate) and basic principles of usability and design
At the pre-sales level, you will work with the business development and project management teams to respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
At this stage you will be expected to:
- Analyse the customer requirement
- Identify gaps in the information provided by the customer and communicate with the business development team to procure sufficient information to process the requirement further
- Create a product definition (to be submitted as part of the RFP) in collaboration with the Visual Architect
- Contribute to the calculation of the effort hour estimate (for the instructional design component) that will be part of the effort hours required to produce the complete eLearning course
In collaboration with the business development and project management teams, you will be expected to contribute to account management on an on-going basis.
As part of your responsibilities for account management, you will be expected to:
- Review the output of the ID team for quality, conformance to customer brief and fulfilment of customer requirement
- Create frameworks for the continuous analysis of the quality of output being generated by the ID team
- Co-ordinate with the project manager to analyse and discuss other proactive account management practices/measures specific to accounts and
- Communicate with customers in an succinct and accurate manner on a timely basis
As a lead, one of your primary responsibilities will be the effective management of the Instructional Design team.
As part of your responsibilities for team management, you will be expected to:
- Allocate and manage resources for the various active projects
- Effectively organise schedules to ensure timely completion of all the instructional design activities within the scheduled time frames
- Ensure optimal output from all the resources in the team, while adhering to the timelines and stipulated effort hours (as arrived at during the generation of the effort hour estimation in collaboration with the PM)
- Work towards the continuous skill enhancement of all team members through mentoring and training
- Co-ordinate between the project manager and team members to ensure the smooth execution of a project
- Communicate accurately and succinctly with other team members
- Make other miscellaneous team related decisions independently using your discretion.
Core instructional design skills
As a lead, you should also possess the following core instructional design capabilities:
- Understanding of cognitive flow, chunking and sequencing of information in a manner best suited to meet the learning outcomes
- Creation of product strategy
- Content analysis
- Review of content outline (Learning Map) and its alignment to the proposed strategy
- Review of Scripts/Storyboards (for cognitive flow, layout and visual representation, language and descriptions for developers)
In addition to the above-mentioned knowledge and skills, the following skills would be preferable:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and interact in a professional, friendly and team-oriented manner with all company and customer personnel
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain emotional composure under stress
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and events
- Good writing skills, organisational and operational understanding
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following fields: Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Journalism or related discipline.
- Knowledge of information mapping and eLearning design principles is mandatory.
- Knowledge of instructional objectives, adult learning principles and learning theory is mandatory.
- Six-Eight years experience as an instructional designer in an eLearning company
- Experience in Project Management, leading teams and handling customers will be an added advantage.
- Experience in CMMI or similar Quality Certification initiatives will be an added advantage.
Apply for this role
Working at EI Design
Our unique solutions are moulded by experts with more than a decade long learning solutions experience. We practice the training methodologies that we design and introduce to groom our team members to perform to the fullest of their potential.
Innovation is in the DNA of all team members thereby facilitating a healthy equilibrium of customer delight and harmonious work culture. One of EI Design’s goals for the year is to make the organisation the most preferred workplace.