- Top 6 Benefits Of Gamification In eLearning July 1, 2015 Asha Pandey
Gamification in eLearning helps create an effective learning system that enables learners to rehearse real-life scenarios and challenges in a safe environment. In this article, I will walk you through some of the benefits of Gamification for learners and how the experience of learning (recall and retention) can be enhanced through Gamification.
- Improve ROI of your E-learning solution through Performance Support Tools May 28, 2015 Asha Pandey
What are Performance Support Tools (PSTs)?
Organisations worldwide face the dual challenge of enhancing performance and increasing productivity. Clearly, learning and performance gain are inter-linked. On account of this, L&D professionals are on the lookout for measures that can increase application of learning at work.
Training has long been the traditional approach to improve performance.E-learning in particular has been extremely effective in providing this “anytime-anywhere” support to learners. However, formal training is often not enough to ensure that the acquired learning indeed gets applied at work.Read more »
- Return On Investment (ROI): Are you in? May 28, 2015 Asha Pandey
Today, e-learning is an integral component for training delivery in organizations worldwide. It has revolutionised the way learners learn and with its delivery extended to support tablets and smartphones, we will see a bigger focus on e-learning in corporate learning strategies.
There are several advantages that e-learning brings in and organizations are seeking ways to determine the Return On Investment (ROI) that can clearly establish the gains they will accrue. This article outlines what ROI is, how it can be computed and more specifically, how it can be increased.Read more »
- Learner Engagement: How To Create Effective Assessment Strategies April 17, 2015 Asha Pandey
The article describes the methods that can be used to create effective assessment strategies in eLearning courses. It also outlines the various types of assessments that are used in eLearning courses. Additionally, the article elucidates the various ways to create effective assessments and provide diagnostic feedback to the learners. An interesting framework, Assessment Map is also discussed here. Assessment map helps the Instructional Designers to create the right assessments for each of the Learning Objectives.Read more »
- Story-Based Learning Strategy In A Course For Instructional Designers November 12, 2014 Asha Pandey
We felt that instead of listing out or describing various content types and their visualization techniques, it would be better for learners to go through a story that presents this information in a much more engaging and interesting format.
We decided to create a storyline that treats the challenges of the content as an actual business problem and outlines the solution through a series of real life situations. This approach helped the learners relate to the content, and apply their learning practically.Read more »
- Gamification In Learning Through An Avatar-based Serious Game Concept October 29, 2014 Asha Pandey
In one of my earlier articles published in eLearning Industry portal on Aug 30th’14, I had shared a case study on the benefits of Gamification in learning (through a serious game concept).In this article, I am sharing another case study using the same content (on Account Management Fundamentals) but re-designed using an Avatar-based approach. I will also share the gains that accrued with this enhanced approach. Read more »
- How To Create A Sticky Learning Experience In Compliance Training October 16, 2014 Asha Pandey
In this article, I will outline some of the innovative approaches we have adopted to create “sticky learning experiences” in various Compliance courses.I will illustrate three of these approaches used in Compliance courses featuring:
- Partial Gamification
- Formative assessment strategy to visually highlight the impact of learners’ choices
- Story-based learning
- Gamification Of Compliance Training Through A Serious Game Concept September 30, 2014 Asha Pandey
As a Learning Strategist, I have been involved in the creation of several compliance training courses in the last 12 years. In all these years, we have built compliance training courses for some of the leading global organizations in Financial services, Insurance, Healthcare and several others in varied manufacturing sectors.
Almost always, the brief from the Compliance team is to lay the content “as is”, have forced navigation and get it done quickly with hardly any room for creative strategies. I always felt that the mandate was focused on meeting the “certificate of completion” rather than ensuring a “sticky learning”. However, now I do have a case study of a Compliance team that gave us the mandate to create an immersive learning experience using Gamification.Read more »
- Featuring Interactive PDF as a Learning Aid To Supplement eLearning August 15, 2014 Asha PandeyIn this article, I will share our experience of using Interactive pdf format to convert lengthy information (often boring information) into an effective learning aid that has an attractive visual format and is easy to navigate. Read more »
Take your learning and performance strategy global and multi-platform with EI Design. Let us know your needs and get a quote.